Monday, February 25, 2013

Working Upward

Today was spent rewriting my mocks for testing sockets and server sockets. I've gotten them to a place where I think they're actually going to be useful for testing. Furthermore, I've put them in their own little wrappers. It's finally sinking in why wrapping is a good idea. Now my server won't care if I'm using fake sockets or the real deal. It should just do what it's supposed to do. My goal for tomorrow is to actually make it do the first part of what it should do.  It sounds like a huge jump, but really it shouldn't be bad. It's been really great to be working on this project at the same time as other apprentices. I've actually seen and helped solve problems that I'll encounter down the line. So yay for that, I guess. Anyway, we'll see what I can really do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment