Monday, January 28, 2013

Oh, GUIs

I managed to add in a menu system to my Tic-Tac-Toe program on Friday. It was rudimentary. There was a prompt for each player and the user could select Human, Dumb Ai, or Smart AI. Simple, but it got the job done.

This morning, I turned my io class into a wrapper for something that will actually do the input/output. This allows me to pass in an object like StringIO for a test when I want output to essentially go nowhere and Kernel when I want it to go to the command line.

My hope was that this would allow me to easily pass in some sort of gui object and I'd be off and running. That would imply that I easily selected a gui library. I didn't. There seemed to be roadblock after roadblock. This one was poorly maintained or that one wasn't documented or another didn't work on macs right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll have better luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment