Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cob Spec Woes

I've been making progress on my Java server. There is a little more refactoring to go for the latest feature I implemented. After that I've got one more feature to add and I've "finished" with the single threaded portion. Finished is in quotes because two of the tests are passing but not actually testing anything. The tests for simple put and post don't actually test what they're supposed to. I made them pass by serving up an empty file at the appropriate url. That doesn't sound like a great test.

It seems like my contribution to cob spec is not going to be an additional test. It is going to be fixing the broken tests that are currently there. That reminds me, I've also got to fix the multi-threaded portion of the tests. Then I can start on threading each request that comes in. I've got a lot of green tests but so much more work to do. It is interesting though because I've never had to dig into code that I didn't write so much before. It's a much different experience than only dealing with one's own code. There's also a much steeper learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment