Thursday, April 4, 2013

Piecing It Together

Yesterday I was given my next assignment. I knew it was coming, but it still sounds like a lot. The goal is to hook my Tic-Tac-Toe game up to my new web server. Then I need to create an iOS client that can play a game over a network, and eventually the internet. There's a bit more that goes into it too. I need to do things like setting up a continuous build and passing FitNesse tests as well.

This week is mostly practice though. I have to see how much work I think it will take to get each of the pieces working together. I also need to take care of the continuous build and a few other setup odds and ends. Then the whole project can start being broken down into stories. This is going to be an interesting change because now there will be hard deadlines. There's a lot to learn to make this work, but it does sound interesting. And hey, I should have something I can run on my phone by the end of this.

I want to try and write some more specific posts about what I'm doing to make all of this work but I've first got to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment